- Tomorrow, Insomnia Workers Speak: IWW Hosts Panel 7:30pm, Boston
- IWW Organizer Tasia Edmonds reinstated!
- Video from 3/14/14 Picket at Insomnia Cookies After Tasia Edmonds Was Suspended
- Days After Settlement, Pickets Return to Insomnia Cookies
- IWW’s & Allies PIcket for Suspended Wobbly Organizer Tasia Edmonds, at Insomnia Cookies on Comm Ave
- FRIDAY 3/14, 7 PM, EMERGENCY PICKET, PLUS PHONE & EMAIL ZAP! DEFEND IWW ORGANIZER TASIA EDMONDS!
- INSOMNIA STRIKERS WIN BACK PAY, COMPANY MUST POST NOTICE, AGREE NOT TO RETALIATE FOR UNION ACTIVITY!
- IWW MEETS SUNDAY March 9th, 2 PM, 9 HAMILTON PLACE SUITE 2A, BOSTON
- IWW Organizer Training!
- New documents prove U.S. Army actively targeted IWW, other activists
- Solidarity statement from The General Defense Committee to FW Jason Freedman
- Leaked Pennsylvania JTTF Presentation Profiles Earth First!
- EMERGENCY SOLIDARITY NEEDED! PACK THE COURT! FONE/EMAIL ZAP
- Event: Today’s Fighting Unions!
- (event) From Punta Arenas to Boston: 60 years of struggle
- Indefinite strike at Coca Cola’s Madrid plant
- Actual US unemployment 37.2%, record number of households on food stamps in 2013
- The History of Boston Anti-Authoritarian Movement January 29, 2014, 7pm
- Chicago remembers Joe Hill
- Trade unionist savagely beaten in Milan
- Boston GMB
- community organizing
- Event Reports
- Fare Strike
- Fare Strike
- fey's column
- General Strike
- Harvard No Layoffs Campaign
- Insomnia Cookies Strike & Union Drive
- May Day
- personal introductions
- Police Brutality
- Solidarity Statement
- trans labor
- workplace organizing
Category Archives: fey’s column
Another weekend, another post. (For the rest of the Trans 101 for Wobblies series, go here, here, here, and here.) After running through some of the information that you may not have realized you needed to know about trans people, … Continue reading
I just got some time for another post here, so here’s the next in the trans 101 series. Previous posts: part 1, part 2, part 3. Part 4: Common complaints about radical environments Many trans people are politically radical in … Continue reading
Hello again! In the last two posts in the Trans 101 series, which hopefully you’ve read (here’s part 1 and part 2 if you haven’t), some basics of trans identification were covered, along with addressing certain myths about trans communities. … Continue reading
I’m glad to have gotten some positive feedback on the last trans 101 post (viewable here)! And so, onward we go. Part 2: Challenging assumptions & misconceptions 1. Trans people are not “really” their gender. Wrong! Some trans people will … Continue reading
As a transsexual/transgender person in the One Big Union, late last year I partnered with another trans Wobbly to put together a basic “trans 101″ workshop to help cis (non-trans) people in the radical labor movement create welcoming, safe environments … Continue reading
Occupy Dorchester is underway! I’m sure there are some Fellow Workers or other interested readers who’d like to go, so here’s what’s up for now: OCCUPY DORCHESTER GENERAL ASSEMBLIES Every Wednesday, 7-9 pm 1353 Dorchester Avenue Closest T stop: Fields … Continue reading