- Tomorrow, Insomnia Workers Speak: IWW Hosts Panel 7:30pm, Boston
- IWW Organizer Tasia Edmonds reinstated!
- Video from 3/14/14 Picket at Insomnia Cookies After Tasia Edmonds Was Suspended
- Days After Settlement, Pickets Return to Insomnia Cookies
- IWW’s & Allies PIcket for Suspended Wobbly Organizer Tasia Edmonds, at Insomnia Cookies on Comm Ave
- FRIDAY 3/14, 7 PM, EMERGENCY PICKET, PLUS PHONE & EMAIL ZAP! DEFEND IWW ORGANIZER TASIA EDMONDS!
- INSOMNIA STRIKERS WIN BACK PAY, COMPANY MUST POST NOTICE, AGREE NOT TO RETALIATE FOR UNION ACTIVITY!
- IWW MEETS SUNDAY March 9th, 2 PM, 9 HAMILTON PLACE SUITE 2A, BOSTON
- IWW Organizer Training!
- New documents prove U.S. Army actively targeted IWW, other activists
- Solidarity statement from The General Defense Committee to FW Jason Freedman
- Leaked Pennsylvania JTTF Presentation Profiles Earth First!
- EMERGENCY SOLIDARITY NEEDED! PACK THE COURT! FONE/EMAIL ZAP
- Event: Today’s Fighting Unions!
- (event) From Punta Arenas to Boston: 60 years of struggle
- Indefinite strike at Coca Cola’s Madrid plant
- Actual US unemployment 37.2%, record number of households on food stamps in 2013
- The History of Boston Anti-Authoritarian Movement January 29, 2014, 7pm
- Chicago remembers Joe Hill
- Trade unionist savagely beaten in Milan
- Boston GMB
- community organizing
- Event Reports
- Fare Strike
- Fare Strike
- fey's column
- General Strike
- Harvard No Layoffs Campaign
- Insomnia Cookies Strike & Union Drive
- May Day
- personal introductions
- Police Brutality
- Solidarity Statement
- trans labor
- workplace organizing
Category Archives: Harvard No Layoffs Campaign
On a blistering July 19, IWW’s and allies stand up for Harvard workers under attack! Fotos by FW Le Le Lechat
Wobblies join Harvard staff, students and local activists in decrying the treatment of three HU employees. Nassim was confronted with the choice of either layoff or demotion by management in apparent retaliation for his union activities. Mamadou has been kept … Continue reading
5/31 Picket Against Racist & Discriminatory Layoffs @ Harvard — Wobblies Back HUCTW Members Under Attack!
On a Freezing Jan 18, IWW’s & Allies Support HUCTW Members Under Attack @ Harvard: Older Women of Color w/ Disabilities Targeted for Layoff at University Financial Services
23 November 2012 By Geoff Carens, member, IWW For many years the Harvard Yard Mail Center was a good place to work and a good place to visit. An article from the Harvard Crimson documents the camaraderie which had helped … Continue reading
DEFEAT RAPE CULTURE Justice for Johany! In February and March, Johany Pilar, member of the Harvard Union of Clerical and Technical Workers (HUCTW), was sexually harassed on the job. When she reported the harassment, administrators forbade her from giving hugs … Continue reading
This piece was originally supposed to be an Op Ed for the student newspaper the Harvard Crimson, but it was censored. The Harvard Perspective, a liberal student magazine, then agreed to publish the article. Some early comments from the Perspective … Continue reading
Harvard Crimson Article on 10/18 protest supporting HUCTW member Johany Pilar — although the article doesn’t say so there was mad IWW support at this action! Also the eye-catching picket signs were made by local wobblies
Protesters Gather To Support Pilar By Michelle Denise L. Ferreol and Samuel Y. Weinstock, CRIMSON STAFF WRITERS Published: Friday, October 19, 2012 Inspired by Johany Pilar, a worker in Harvard’s Mailroom, the Harvard community gathers at the Holyoke Center to … Continue reading