- Tomorrow, Insomnia Workers Speak: IWW Hosts Panel 7:30pm, Boston
- IWW Organizer Tasia Edmonds reinstated!
- Video from 3/14/14 Picket at Insomnia Cookies After Tasia Edmonds Was Suspended
- Days After Settlement, Pickets Return to Insomnia Cookies
- IWW’s & Allies PIcket for Suspended Wobbly Organizer Tasia Edmonds, at Insomnia Cookies on Comm Ave
- FRIDAY 3/14, 7 PM, EMERGENCY PICKET, PLUS PHONE & EMAIL ZAP! DEFEND IWW ORGANIZER TASIA EDMONDS!
- INSOMNIA STRIKERS WIN BACK PAY, COMPANY MUST POST NOTICE, AGREE NOT TO RETALIATE FOR UNION ACTIVITY!
- IWW MEETS SUNDAY March 9th, 2 PM, 9 HAMILTON PLACE SUITE 2A, BOSTON
- IWW Organizer Training!
- New documents prove U.S. Army actively targeted IWW, other activists
- Solidarity statement from The General Defense Committee to FW Jason Freedman
- Leaked Pennsylvania JTTF Presentation Profiles Earth First!
- EMERGENCY SOLIDARITY NEEDED! PACK THE COURT! FONE/EMAIL ZAP
- Event: Today’s Fighting Unions!
- (event) From Punta Arenas to Boston: 60 years of struggle
- Indefinite strike at Coca Cola’s Madrid plant
- Actual US unemployment 37.2%, record number of households on food stamps in 2013
- The History of Boston Anti-Authoritarian Movement January 29, 2014, 7pm
- Chicago remembers Joe Hill
- Trade unionist savagely beaten in Milan
- Boston GMB
- community organizing
- Event Reports
- Fare Strike
- Fare Strike
- fey's column
- General Strike
- Harvard No Layoffs Campaign
- Insomnia Cookies Strike & Union Drive
- May Day
- personal introductions
- Police Brutality
- Solidarity Statement
- trans labor
- workplace organizing
Category Archives: Insomnia Cookies Strike & Union Drive
Days After Settlement, Pickets Return to Insomnia Cookies by Jake Carman Picket lines have returned to Insomnia Cookies, less than two weeks after the company settled with four workers who struck in August of 2013. On Friday March 14, two … Continue reading →
On March 14, IWW members and allies held a spirited picket for union organizer Tasia Edmonds, suspended without pay for a month in retaliation for her union activity by Insomnia Cookies. The IWW enjoyed the support of members of Resist … Continue reading →
Insomnia Cookies has suspended IWW Organizer Tasia Edmonds w/o pay for a month, falsely claiming she was “unprofessional” and neglecting to serve her any formal written notice. You’re invited to take action against union-busting by the boutique cookie business. Join … Continue reading →
INSOMNIA STRIKERS WIN BACK PAY, COMPANY MUST POST NOTICE, AGREE NOT TO RETALIATE FOR UNION ACTIVITY!
“…Something told me to stand up for what I believe in. To me, this victory was worth every bit of the struggle.” – Jonathan Peña, IWW member and Insomnia Cookies Striker. Four workers at Insomnia Cookies’ Cambridge store went on strike … Continue reading →
The IWW is a member-run union for all workers, a union dedicated to organizing on the job, in our industries and in our communities. IWW members are organizing to win better conditions today and build a world with economic democracy … Continue reading →
The Boston IWW will hold an Organizer Training, Saturday March 8, starting at 11 am. at Encuentro 5, 9 Hamilton Place, Suite 2A, Boston, steps from the Park St. MBTA Stop and 2 blocks from Downtown Crossing. This event is … Continue reading →
This weekend the IWW held two separate actions in Harvard Square to protest the Cambridge Police’s 11/14/13 attack on our legal picket at Insomnia Cookies, where the union is conducting an organizing drive. Cambridge cops swarmed our picket, assaulted and … Continue reading →
Last night the Cambridge Police swarmed a totally legal picket of Insomnia Cookies, demanded we shut down our PA (which we did), then attacked, punched, bloodied, threw on the trunk of a car, threw on the ground and dragged away … Continue reading →
Insomnia Striker Jonathan Pena, and Tommy Mendes, suspended without pay and then fired after he told his boss he was an IWW member, explain the struggle for justice and a union at Insomnia Cookies. With support from Boston University’s Student … Continue reading →